As a result of our size and financial stability, we are able to continuously invest in clinical trials, product innovation, and our lab and storage facility. We don’t rent, lease or share our state-of-the-art facility; we own it and we continually invest in our facility to help ensure procedures and regulations are not compromised. This means our families will always have access to their stem cells.
CBR's lab stores over 500,000 cord blood and cord tissue stem cell units, generating annual storage revenue and profitability. Our financial position allows continued investment in the best technology and our state-of-the-art lab. We also continually invest in FDA-regulated clinical trials as part of our commitment to advancing the science of stem cell medicine for our client families.
We chose the site of our lab for one reason in particular: safety. As one of the safest cities in the US, Tucson ensures our families’ samples will be protected from natural disaster. Natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes, could interrupt consistent long-term storage of stem cells.
Hover over the different risk type to view affected regions.
Secure Storage and Processing
CBR’s laboratory was specifically designed for newborn stem cell processing and storage, and consequently, CBR has invested millions of dollars to help ensure the long-term safety and viability of your newborn's stem cells.
Our secure facility is strengthened by bullet resistant glass, a floor load capacity that can hold 800,000 pounds (16x the standard requirements), a liquid nitrogen tank the size of a 747 jet, one of the largest back-up generators available, and temperature monitoring every 1.6 seconds.
CBR's quality control team performs over 5 million sample checks per year which includes 3 million temperature checks, 20,000 environmental sterility tests, and 95 control checks on each sample to ensure processes are working correctly so that your family's stem cells are kept protected. At CBR we take the safe storage of your stem cells seriously.
Tour the largest, most technologically advanced newborn stem cell facility in the world.
State-of-the-art processing and storage:
- Uses only FDA-cleared, seamless storage bags
- Stores samples in segments for the possibility of multiple uses
- Safeguards against cross-contamination by hermetically sealing each sample in overwrap envelopes and suspending them above liquid nitrogen
Accredited and licensedAt CBR, all processing, quality control, and quality assurance metrics are in accordance with:
- FDA guidelines
- AABB (formerly the American Association of Blood Banks)
- CLIA: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services CLIA program.
- California Dept of Public Health: Cord Blood, Cord Tissue, and Clinical Testing
- Illinois Department of Health
- Maryland Tissue Bank Permit
- New Jersey State License Blood Bank
- New York State Department of Health: Cord Blood and Cord Tissue*
- ISO 9001:2008 certified.