CBR strives to ensure your family’s stem cells are the highest quality and stored in a safe and secure location.Learn More
- CellAdvantage Collection Device: Designed exclusively for stem cell collection to save more cord blood
- CellAdvantage Collection Kit: Crush-resistant, temperature-protected and electronically-tracked
- Shipping: Safe shipping device and private medical courier gets your kit to the lab fast for processing
- Processing: Automated AXP technology combined with CBR’s newborn stem cell collection device has the proven ability to recover 20% more cells than other processing methods1-3
- Storage: Largest, most technologically advanced newborn stem cell facility in the world, built in a safe and secure location
Payment Plans (Additional payment plans available)
Payment Plans (Additional payment plans available)
You will not be charged until your baby is born.Enroll Online
Best in Class: Collection, Processing, and Storage
More stem cells are important for treatment outcomes.10,11 That's why the CBR CellAdvantage® system – from collection to processing to storage – was meticulously designed to retrieve the most cells possible.1-3
- FDA-cleared, seamless storage bags improve bag strength and decrease the risk of breakage that occurs in traditional seamed-plastic storage bags
- Prevents cross-contamination by hermetically sealing each sample in overwrap envelopes
- CBR's lab is located in Tucson, AZ, one of the safest U.S. cities in terms of risk from natural disasters6 that could interrupt consistent long-term storage
- Security: 24-hour monitoring of samples every 1.6 seconds; 9,000-gallon standby tank of liquid nitrogen; large-capacity backup generator; and bullet-proof glass
- ActiveFlo® chamber enables the removal of blockages in the needle or tubing during collection, resulting in improved blood flow and increased collection volume
- Clamp and sterile clearance vent reduces entry points for contaminants helping maintain a sterile collection
- AXP is automated to ensure consistent sterility and quality
- Exact measurements at every step of the process limits potential human error
- Fully electronic documentation and quality controls provide complete and accurate records every time
- CBR’s processing system has the highest published rate of cell recovery — 99%.1-3 That's 20% higher than processes using Sepax® and Hespan®
CBR's dry heparin is superior to other anticoagulants for collecting stem cells. Heparin combined with AXP has the ability to recover 20% more cells than common processing methods.1-3
CBR uses dry heparin because it:
• Allows for visualization of blood flow, reducing risk of ending
collection too soon
• Maintains cell viability during transport to our lab7
• Increases cell recovery rates and maximizes cell viability in small
• Preserves stem cells' ability to migrate better than liquid CPD9
The ActiveFlo chamber is another CBR innovation that improves the quality and volume of a cord blood collection.
• It removes tissue blockages to increase collection volume
• Using the chamber avoids the need for multiple needle insertions,
which can spread contamination
• Dry heparin within the chamber provides an accurate visual of cord
blood flow and collection volume
Safe Shipping Device
Our collection kit actively transforms into a safe shipping device. The cube is crush-resistant and temperature-protected so you can be assured it will get to the lab safely and processed in most cases under 24 hours.
Fast, One-Step ShippingSM:
• Private medical courier and next-flight out service
• Real-time tracking with unique security and tracking codes
Collecting cord tissue and the valuable mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) it contains is simple.
• Each CordCup contains CordPrep®, a proprietary antibiotic and
transport medium developed by CBR to protect the tissue during
• CBR preserves the cord tissue whole as it may provide more
treatment options in the future
Our Mission is Advancing the Clinical Applications of Newborn Stem Cells
Cord Blood Registry® (CBR®) is the world's largest and most experienced newborn stem cell company. For more than 20 years, we have led the industry in technological innovations, including being the first facility to offer cord tissue storage in the U.S. and only bank to create a collection device designed specifically for cord blood stem cells. We are entrusted by parents with storing newborn stem cells for more than 400,000 children. Currently, five FDA-regulated clinical trials require CBR-processed stem cells.
*Payment Plan Disclosures for in-house CBR 6-Month Plan (Interest free) – No credit check required. The 6-month plan requires a $10/month administrative fee. The plans may be prepaid in full at any time.
**Payment Plan Disclosures for CareCredit 48-Month Plan – Availability subject to credit approval
A 14.90% Extended Payment Plan for 48 Months on purchases of $1,000 or more with your CareCredit card. Fixed minimum monthly payments required. Penalty APR may apply if you make a late payment. On promo purchase, fixed monthly payments equal to 4.8439% of initial purchase balance for 24 months; 3.4616% of initial purchase balance for 36 months; 2.7780% of initial purchase balance for 48 months required, and interest charges will be applied to promo balance at a reduced 14.90% APR if (1) promo purchases paid in full in promotion duration as indicated, and (2) all minimum monthly payments on account paid when due. Purchase APR of up to 29.99% applies to expired promotions and optional charges.Estimated first minimum monthly payment. Future minimum payments will vary based on amount and timing of payments, interest rate, and other charges added to account. You may always pay more. The more you pay each month, the quicker your balance will be repaid and the lower your total finance charges will be. For more information about CareCredit’s healthcare payment plans, please visit carecredit.com.Payment Estimator Additional Disclosure
If minimum monthly payments are 60 days past due, the promotions may be terminated and a Penalty APR may apply. Standard terms including Purchase APR or Penalty APR up to 29.99% apply to expired and terminated promotions, and optional charges. Subject to credit approval by GE Money Bank. Other terms and conditions may apply. Please see here for more details.
Prices subject to change. Fees apply to single-birth, U.S. customers only. Cancellation fees may apply. All major credit cards accepted. Payment plans cover first-year fees only; future annual storage fees are not included.