CBR uses AXP® processing technology when separating out the cell concentration rich in stem cells from your family’s cord blood collection for ultimate precision. The AXP AutoXpress® Platform* is FDA-cleared and automated to assist with cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) and cGTP (current good tissue practice) compliance.
|Benefits to Our Families
|Automated, functionally closed, sterile system for volume reduction of blood components.
- Ensures consistent sterility & quality
- Prevents exposure to environmental pathogens common in manual processes
|Consistently provides high recoveries of stem-cell rich MNCs from cord blood.
- Proven ability to recover 99% of cells — 20% higher than processes using Sepax® and Hespan®†
- Repeatable and consistent process, unlike manual systems
Quick and accurate data tracking with XpressTRAK® software.‡
- Exact measurements at every step of the process prevents human error
- Fully electronic documentation and quality controls provide complete and accurate records every time
Having more stem cells for treatment has been shown to improve medical outcomes.
Additional resources comparing cord blood processing methods
Reference: Rosenthal J, Brown HL, Harris DT. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008;14(2). Abstract presented at the 2008 American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT) Annual Meeting.
Reference: Papassavas AC, Gioka V, Chatzistamatiou T, et al. A strategy of splitting individual high volume cord blood units into two half subunits prior to processing increases the recovery of cells and facilitates ex vivo expansion of the infused hematopoietic progenitor cells in adults. Int J Lab Hematol. 2008;30(2):124-132.
Reference: Kurtzberg J, Cairo MS, Fraser JK, et al. Results of the cord blood transplantation (COBLT) study unrelated donor banking program. Transfusion. 2005;45(6):842-855.
* AXP and AutoXpress are registered trademarks of ThermoGenesis Corp.
† All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
‡ XpressTRAK software is a registered trademark of ThermoGenesis Corp.