1. WHO. Guideline: Delayed umbilical cord clamping for improved maternal and infant health and nutrition outcomes. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2014.
2. Andersson, O. L. A., Hellstrom-Westas, L., Andersson, et al. Effects of delayed compared with early umbilical cord clamping on maternal postpartum hemorrhage and cord blood gas sampling: a randomized trial. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 2012.
3. Downey, C., Bewley, and Susan. Historical Perspectives on Umbilical Cord Clamping and Neonatal Transition. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 2012.
4. Garofalo M. and Abenhaim H.A. Early versus delayed cord clamping in term and preterm births: a review. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2012;34(6)
5. Hutchon, D. J. R. Immediate or early cord clamping vs delayed clamping. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2012 32:8, 724-729.
6. Kugelman A, Borenstein-Levin L, Riskin A, Chistyakov I, Ohel G, Gonen R, Bader D. Immediate versus delayed umbilical cord clamping in premature neonates born < 35 weeks: a prospective, randomized, controlled study. Am J Perinatol. 2007;24(5):307-15.
7. Oh W, Fanaroff AA, Carlo WA, Donovan EF, McDonald SA, Poole WK. Effects of delayed cord clamping in very-low-birth-weight infants. J Perinatol. 2011;31 Suppl 1:S68-71.
8. Sommers, R., Stonestreet, B. S., Oh, W., et al. Hemodynamic Effects of Delayed Cord Clamping in Premature Infants. Pediatrics. 2012;129(3), e667-e672.
9. Ononeze AB, Hutchon DJ. Attitude of obstetricians towards delayed cord clamping: a questionnaire-based study. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009;29(3):223-4.
10. Sivaraman T, Arulkumaran S. Delayed umbilical cord clamping: potential for change in obstetric practice. BJOG. 2011;118(6):767; author reply 767-7.
11. Accessed 05.27.15 www.foxnews.com "Why some moms are asking doctors to delay cutting their baby's umbilical cord"
12. CBR Data on File.
13. ACOG Committee Option. Timing of Umbilical Cord Clamping After Birth. Number 543, December 2012. Reaffirmed 2014. http://www.acog.org
14. Rabe H. et al., “Effect of timing of umbilical cord clamping and other strategies to influence placental transfusion at preterm birth on maternal infant outcomes.” Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012;8:CD003248.
15. Accessed 05.27.15 http://www.npr.org "Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping May Benefit Children Years Later"