At CBR, your privacy is a priority for us. Please contact us any time with questions or comments about our privacy practices by email at email@example.com or by snail mail at the address listed in the "What else should you know about your online privacy?" section.
- Explain how CBR collects, uses, and discloses information about you
- Help you understand your choices and options for accessing, updating, or deleting personal data (also, "personal Information", "data," or "information")
You may be asked to provide information anytime you are in contact with CBR. This information may be personal information, which is data in a form that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We may also collect non-personal information, which is data in a form that does not allow for direct association with a specific individual (also "aggregate" or "anonymous").
We do not use technology that responds to a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
- We may use your personal information internally for our general business purposes, such as providing the services you request, responding to your inquiries and offering you our own, our affiliates', or third-party products and services that we think you may find of interest.
- We may also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve CBR's products, services, content, and advertising.
- We may use your personal information to provide notices to you and to keep you updated on CBR's latest announcements.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about your account. Because this information is important to your interaction with CBR, you may not opt out from receiving these communications.
- We may also use your personal information for internal purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CBR's products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer that program and as otherwise set forth in the sweepstake/contest rules.
- If you sign up for our gift registry, we may use and/or display your full name, state, and expected due date to personalize your information on our gift registry site and/or in an email that we may send on your behalf, announcing your CBR gift registry.
- If you sign up to receive alerts to track your CBR newborn stem cell collection kit, we will use the email address and/or mobile cell phone number you provide when signing up to track your kit for the sole purpose of providing you with tracking information about your CBR collection kit.
- We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
Healthcare providers: If you provide your healthcare provider's information to us, we may disclose personally identifiable information you provided us with to that provider.
Service providers: We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to companies who provide services to CBR, such as information processing, extending credit, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, fulfilling orders and requests, and conducting customer research.
Marketing use: Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Others: We may disclose personally identifiable information about you if you request or authorize it. In addition, it may be necessary under law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities, for CBR to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is necessary or appropriate for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations, rights or safety, or the rights or safety of others. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
CBR takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
There are several places on the CBR site where you can transmit credit card information in order to complete a purchase transaction or for verification purposes. Anytime we ask for a credit card number we transmit that number in an encrypted format. For instance, we may use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
CBR uses a variety of means to protect personal information provided by users of the website, including the usage of firewalls and other security measures on its servers. No server, however, is 100% secure, and you should take this into account when submitting personal or confidential information about yourself on any website, including this one.
If you prefer not to receive information from us, please let us know by calling: 1.888.932.6568, Option 1 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your email address, mailing address, full name and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you no longer wish to receive promotional email communications from us, simply click on unsubscribe and we will add you to our "do not contact" list. We may still send you transactional emails about your account after you opt-out from promotional emails. If you no longer wish to receive any newsletter to which you previously subscribed through this website or any other communication from CBR, please follow the "opt out" link in the relevant communication or send us an email to the email address above.
If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address, or other personal information with us, you may call: 1.888.932.6568, Option 1; send an email to: email@example.com or simply edit your information by logging into the "My Account" page of our website.
You may also contact us by mail at: Cord Blood Registry, 6550 South Bay Colony Drive, Suite 100, Tucson, AZ 85756, Attn: Customer Service.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request and you may continue to receive communications during this time.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Sale of personal information
We do not “sell” your personal information as we understand that term to be defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations. We have not sold your information in the past 12 months.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
Your rights with regard to your personal information
As a California resident, you also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. This section describes how to exercise your rights and our process for handling those requests.
- Right to request access to your personal information
- California residents may request that we disclose the categories of personal information we collect, use, or sell about you, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information, and the third parties with whom the business shares personal information. You may also request the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. However, we may withhold some information where the risk to you, our customers, or our business is too great to disclose the information.
- Right to request that we delete your personal information
- You may request that we delete any personal information we have collected from or about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law. For example, we may retain personal information if it is required to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, or to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality.
- We may retain personal information as necessary for us, or others, to exercise other rights, including, but not limited to: free speech, scientific research, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, to comply with law enforcement requests, or to comply with legal obligations.
- Since certain information is vital to actions like enrolling for storage, storage renewals, etc., the deletion of that information may prevent us from being able to provide you with some or all services.
- How to request access to and deletion of your personal information
- Submit a request to access or delete your information to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for up to 45 days to fulfill your request.
- For your security and that of the rest of our users, we may ask you to verify your identity when you request to exercise your California privacy rights.
Categories of information we collect & sources from which information is collected
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Web application, phone, email, fax||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information; some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories||Web application, phone, email, fax||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or genetic information (including familial genetic information)|| ||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Web application, phone, email||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement||Web application||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements||NO|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations||Web application, in person, email||YES (Full and part-time CBR employees)|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||NO|
Other states (Nevada, for example) have similar consumer protection statutes with which we comply. We will protect the data of residents of those states in a manner that is consistent with the relevant statute and substantially similar to the way in which we comply with the CCPA. Residents of those states may also contact us at email@example.com.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online — for example on message boards, through e-mail, or in chat areas — that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
This website is not intended to collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years old. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS WEBSITE. If CBR learns that personally identifiable information has been collected from a person under 13 years old without verifiable parental consent, CBR will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Effective Date: January 1, 2020